Thursday 17 April 2008

Why I've been failing to update and apology.

First we have innate laziness. Also lack of discipline,as my father would have called it. To go slightly off-topic for a moment, my late father was a veterinary surgeon in the Ireland of the 50s, through good times and bad. He also had a sharp and dry wit. Once,as I was trying to demolish a wall on a hot day,he came to inspect progress. I made the mistake of mentioning the fact that I was sweating profusely. To which came the response: 'A pint of your sweat would cure all known diseases!'. This amused everybody around for a while. And though it looks cruel,it isn't.(At the time,people like me got shuffled into University, because someone knows someone,and we were the right sort of people,just) My father was a man of wit and wisdom.

No comments: