Thursday 24 April 2008

Wind Generates Investment and Profit.

I have written about NTR before. Last year NTR sold off their Airtricity subsidiary in two tranches. Having got a huge chunk of cash many investors hoped or even expected that they could look forward to receiving fat dividends. It looked a bit like the company was abandoning wind power. And now comes the good news: they are back in the game. Before I paste the link I should declare again I own shares in this company,but I don't think my miniscule holding will change anything the company should choose to do,no matter how I bitch. And they keep their cards very close to their chest. Now comes the news they are back in the back in in the wind business with this $150M investment. 150 Turbines and 200MW of wind power apparently contracted for. Now that's serious money. And I weome them back because it will allow them to develop more sites http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0424/ntr.html Anyone reading can make their own minds up,but I think this company has much to offer. With oil hitting record prices,we need to recover as much energy as we can from from stuff we normally chuck out. Hippie fantasies are beginning to come true,especially the ones which involve recycling goods,and making appliances more energy efficient,so as to reduce personal wastage. It does seem sensible and profitable to get as much energy and so on, as possible from waste. http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/0424/ntr.html http://www.ntr.ie/default.asp

No comments: