Wednesday 21 May 2008

Google eyes Israeli geothermal firm Ormat | Green Tech - CNET News.com

I recently wrote about Ormat, and I have been following them for some time now. Not only do they themselves own and operate geothermal electricity power stations in the United States, but they also are the leading manufacturer of the equipment. Now we have this report from C-Net reporting the interest in the company from Google. I had hitherto this report no idea that Ormat is an Israeli company. And Israeli firms have developed many new technologies and products in renewables. So just as it is better to own shares in companies such as Danish Vestas,the wind turbine maker than in individual windfarms, so it make sense to invest in Ormat shares. Ormat shares have risen from $ 34 to being on the way to $50+,as I write. Maybe time for me to see just how much loose cash I have in the jars I throw it in!. (NTSE: ORA) I read some nonsense yesterday,where someone who seemed to be Israeli gloated that Libya and other Arab Countries would be be unlikely to use solar thermal electricity because a lot of the technology had been invented was invented by Jews. What rubbish. The implication that "Jewish technology" exists and is somehow superior to other peoples is a little unpleasant, and echoes something I heard before.... Google eyes Israeli geothermal firm Ormat | Green Tech - CNET News.com

No comments: